Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Reseller - Add a package
In November 2014 Bluehost announced that it will no longer be accepting new shared Reseller hosting signups. As part of that announcement, Bluehost announced a partnership with ResellerClub wherein Bluehost is recommending ResellerClub as the hosting partner of choice for Reseller hosting.
To learn more about this change please see: Reseller Hosting Services FAQ
Create a New Hosting Package
The Packages tool provides a number of options to define the limitations of the particular package. These will be the limits imposed on your customers, should they select this particular hosting package you create.
- Log into your Bluehost Control Panel.
- Click the ”Create Package” icon.
New Package Name
Enter the desired name. It is recommended to use a name that is easily discernible from others, so there is no confusion regarding the details, offerings and limitations of that package.
- Quota (MB): Quota should be set to anything over 1, this is megabytes so 1 GB will be 1024.
- Bandwidth (MB): Bandwidth should be set higher than 1, this is megabytes so 1 GB will be 1024. (we recommend that this limit is set to something really high, like 30720)
Note: Bandwidth is the amount of information that can be transferred, not the speed of which the information can be transferred.
- Max FTP Accounts: Max FTP Accounts is the total number of FTP accounts that can be set up, its advisable to leave this as 100 or higher to keep MOJO Marketing working
- Max Email Accounts: This is the maximum number of Email Accounts your customer can create on their hosting account.
- Max Email Lists: This is the maximum number of Email Lists your customer can create on their hosting account.
- Max Databases: Max Databases how many MySQL and Postgre SQL Databases that can be created, be aware of the 1000 tables per database limit, as this is enforced on resold accounts.
- Max Sub Domains: These are not the Addon or Parked domains, which you will be capable of limiting later on. An example of a subdomain would be: blog.example.com.
Note: This value needs to be at least the same amount as Addon Domains you have set due to each Addon domain having its own subdomain assigned to it.
- Max Parked Domains: Parked domains are domains that have different domain names, but display the same website as the Primary domain; it is essentially a mirror, resolving to the same content through a different domain name.
- Max Addon Domains: Addon domains are unique domain names that are part of a common account, but do not display the same content as Parked or Primary domain(s).
- Dedicated IP: By default, each customer will share an IP address with your other customers on your Reseller account. This option gives a unique IP address for their account only, differentiating them from the other customers on your Reseller account.
- CGI Access: This enables or disables the permissions necessary to run CGI scripts on the customer account.
- SSH Access: This option enables or disables SSH (Shell, or terminal) access for the customer to their account.
- FrontPage Extensions: FrontPage Extensions, is to allow Microsoft FrontPage or Microsoft Expressions to use its extensions.
Note: Please note that FrontPage is no longer supported by Microsoft, and we can not offer much support for these Extensions
- Feature List:This is a quick way to add feature sets you may have previously defined for your customers. If none are available, defaults will be provided. You can create new Feature Lists at any time from your WHM panel.
- Locale: This grants you the ability to set default languages for customer interfaces that may be subscribing from outside your area. By default, this is set to English.
Recommended Help Content
WHM - Add a New Package
How to create a new package through the WHM
How to Add a New Hosting Account
Using WHM to add a resold account to your reseller account.
Automatic Account Creation using ClientExec
How to automatically create accounts using ClientExec
Related Help Content
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Reseller Account Transfers
To help with transferring of accounts from other servers to your account.
Getting Started - Reseller
A quick guide to using your Reseller account
Where to Log In to Your Reseller Account
Explanation as to where a reseller and their customers will login to access their sites
Reseller Hosting Prices
Prices for Reseller Hosting and Reseller related addons
Installing the WildCard SSL on a Reseller account
How to install the provided WildCard SSL on a reseller account
Specifying default Name Servers for a reseller account
How to specify the default Name Servers on a reseller account
What billing software is provided for Resellers?
How to install ClientExec or WHMCS on your Reseller account.
Change Length of Hosting Plan
How do I change my contract length?